- Course duration 1-1.5hrs
- Following registration you will have 1 month to complete the training
- Certified online training in dysphagia care provision
- Practical, useful information for everyday care
- Suitable for nurses, health care assistants, home carers and AHPs
- Includes full IDDSI framework explanation and demonstration
- Self-paced, interactive learning
- Globally applicable
- Free printable resources throughout the course
- Presented by Speech and Language Therapists with 15+ years’ experience working with dysphagia
- A percentage of profits go to dysphagia research
This is a comprehensive course that covers all the most common aspects of dysphagia care. In it we explain the normal swallow, the signs, symptoms and consequences of dysphagia, and the SLT/SLP role and recommendations. We examine the new IDDSI framework, including in-depth descriptions, visuals and testing methods for each of the different levels, with interactive learning to enhance the learning experience. Finally we work through additional sections such as medication and oral care. There is also an optional section discussing dysphagia care provision with adults with intellectual disability, for those working in this area.
This course is a must-have certificate for anybody working with people with dysphagia, especially in light of the global rollout of the IDDSI Framework.
It is ideal for
- Care staff
- Health care attendants
- Home carers
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Allied health professionals
- The course can be taken on desktop, tablet or even on a smart phone.
- Speakers/headphones will be needed as there is audio throughout.
- A printer is useful as you may want to print some of the free resources that we have provided.
- We recommend using Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari or an up to date Android Browser for the best experience.