A brief introduction to IDDSI for clinicians:
Dysphagia Care was set up by Catriona Lysaght, Speech and Language Therapist, in response to the growing demand for dysphagia care training. Catriona works with people with dysphagia on a daily basis, and provides dysphagia training to care staff, nursing staff, and Speech and Language Therapy colleagues. Having worked with people with dysphagia since 2006, she has a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw from.
The rollout of the IDDSI framework has meant a surge in demand for dysphagia care training. While Catriona is confident in using the new framework, she knows that others aren’t. That’s why she has included a full explanation and demonstration of every level of the IDDSI framework in this course, as well as all the other dysphagia care skills needed by nursing and care staff.
- Certified online training in dysphagia care
- Practical, useful information for everyday care
- Suitable for nurses, health care assistants, home carers and AHPs
- Includes full IDDSI framework explanation and demonstration
- Self-paced, interactive learning
- Globally applicable
- Free printable resources throughout the course
- A percentage of profits go towards dysphagia research
- Presented by Speech and Language Therapists with 15+ years’ experience working with dysphagia